Pupil Records - Annual Notification of Rights
1. The parent or eligible student has a right to inspect and review the student’s education records and the procedure for inspecting and reviewing education records;
2. The parent or eligible student has a right to seek amendment of the student’s education records to ensure that those records are not inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise in violation of the student’s privacy or other rights and the procedure for requesting amendment of records;
3. The parent or eligible student has a right to consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information contained in the student’s education records, except to the extent that federal and state law and the regulations promulgated thereunder authorize disclosure without consent;
4. The parent or eligible student has a right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education regarding an alleged failure by the school district to comply with the requirements of 20 U.S.C. section 1232g, and the rules promulgated thereunder;
5. The criteria for determining who constitutes a school official and what constitutes a legitimate educational interest for purposes of disclosing education records to other school officials whom the school district has determined to have legitimate educational interests; and
6. The school district forwards education records on request to a school in which a student seeks or intends to enroll.
7. Contact the building principals for additional information.
PUBLIC NOTICE - DIRECTORY AND YEARBOOK INFORMATION
Notice is hereby given—
That Independent School District #813 pursuant to U.S. General Educational Provisions Act declares the following as “Directory Information” as provided in said act, and that information relating to students may be public if that information is in any of the following categories:
Student’s name, address, telephone listing
Date and place of birth
Major field of study
Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
Weight and height of athletic team members
Dates of attendance
Degrees, awards and honors received, and the most recent
previous educational agency or institution attended by the student
That Independent School District #813, when requested, will release Directory Information to military recruiters of any branch of the United States Military. This only pertains to juniors and seniors.
This public notice is required by law before such information can be placed in Yearbooks or Student Directories. Any parent or student in the district may notify a building Principal if the parent or child desire that none of the above information be released, including to military recruiters, without parent consent, provided that such information is given the District within 30 days of the publication of this notice.
Published August 9, 11, 16 and 18, 2022