Playgrounds closed, open spaces open
The City of Lake City and Lake City Public Schools have closed their playground equipment to the public in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
“For you and your children’s safety, please stay off these facilities,” read a posting on Lake City Public Works’ Facebook page. “However, please take advantage of the open spaces our parks provide while following all distancing recommendations.”
The City of Lake City’s COVID-19 response page offers the following tips from the National Recreation and Park Association for using parks and trails during the pandemic:
- Refrain from using parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms.
- Follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance on personal hygiene prior to and during use of parks or trails.
- Prepare for limited access to public restrooms or water fountains.
- While on trails, warn others of your presence and as they pass, and step aside to let others pass.
- Follow CDC guidance on the recommended size of social gatherings including outdoor picnicking, pick-up sports and other group hangouts, and maintain proper physical distance at all times.
- Observe CDC’s minium recommended social distancing of six feet from other individuals at all times. If this is not possible, users should find an alternate location or depart that space.